95 chevy K1500 - Squeaks bad when go over bumps

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by K_Hump07, Apr 28, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. K_Hump07

K_Hump07 New Member

I have a bad squeak when I turn my wheels and while I'm driving how can I fix this problem?
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  3. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. We need more info on your vehicle and the squeak so we can help. :glasses:
  4. K_Hump07

K_Hump07 New Member

It's a 95 ext cab K1500 z71 and I have a really bad squeak when I turn my wheels or driving down the road if I hit any little bump it squeaks I had someone tell me my rubber bearings were dry and that could be the problem. It sounds like its by my shocks
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

From the information that you gave it could be almost anything! there are too many things there to say that it sounds like it is the shocks. A sway bar link is right there, along with wheel bearings and a cv shaft. I would start by looking at shock bushings. It could be swaybar links, sway bar bushings, a wheel bearing, cv shaft issues, front diff issues, front ujoints, the list can go on. I would need a little more info. does it do it when just rolling straight on a flat surface(no bumps)? Does it do it more or less in 4x4? Is it louder when turning in one direction rather than the other? If you bounce on the front bumper does it make the noise? If so have a friend start bouncing the front end, get under there and try to locate where your squeak is originating. Posting a video of the sound may help also.
  6. K_Hump07

K_Hump07 New Member

Yes it makes noise when someone is jumping on the bumper and also when I turn to the right I think it could be the control arm and maybe the ball bearings
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!

***Moved thread to correct section***
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Your squeek could be any of the rubber bushings, another posinility is dirt and debris between the leaf springs.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome! It could well be a combination of what tbplus10 mentioned...