1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

95 gmc jimmy starting issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by mbreier, Oct 31, 2013.

1. mbreier

mbreier New Member

95 jimmy wont start in morning I spray it once with break cleaner and fires right up and runs great til sits for more than 3 hours have changed spyder injector,distributor,iac,coolant temp sensor does anyone have an idea what is causing this?
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

What are you spraying with brake cleaner?
  3. mbreier

mbreier New Member

the intake
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Im actually surprised it starts with brake cleaner but It could be a fuel pump... Check the pressure with a rented tool(actually its free after returning it)from autozone.. From my research on a 98 and 99 I had done it requires more pressure to start the 4.3 liters than to keep it running.. I had the same issue with the 99 I had.. sometimes I would cylce the key a couple times and it would finally start and would run fine and start fine until it sat for a few hours then It wouldnt. Heres one thing to try but not a gaurentee.. Even though your battery is fine(or can even be brand new for that matter) when it doesnt start.. hook up a set of jumper cables to it from another vehicle and see if it starts.. this might sound crazy but I did this with my 99 several times whenever it wouldnt start. the extra power from the other vehicle running allowed the weak fuel pump to get a little more amperage to get the pressure needed to start.. I read that it requires 63 psi to start and around 50-55 to stay running. Again this was on the 98 and 99 I had so im not sure if its the same as the 95.. Anyways Ive had fuel pumps that have minds of their own so this is something to look at. Good luck..