1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

95 K1500 4l60E with no first gear

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by seegreen1087, Sep 7, 2013.

1. seegreen1087

seegreen1087 New Member

I just purchased 95 K1500 and, along with someone doing away with the emissions on the engine, I noticed when taking off the transmission starts in 2nd gear. ODB1 and No codes. I tested the A solenoid while driving (someone else was driving while I put a ground on the light green wire) and the transmission will shift into 1st gear. I'm thinking the computer being bad. Before I purchase another, does anyone have other suggestions?
  2. zippstripp

zippstripp New Member

Sounds like trans. pricing time. Although I did have a '94 full size bronco do this same thing. Solenoid pack and a ecm fixed that one.
  3. seegreen1087

seegreen1087 New Member

it appears the transmission is working fine, just not getting the signal it needs to activate 1-2 solenoid.
  4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Trace that wire to the ECM and see if the ECM is putting out signal
  5. seegreen1087

seegreen1087 New Member

With the engine running and transmission selector in over-drive, sitting in the driveway brakes applied, there is a 2.3vdc ground signal on E9 at the PCM. If I apply a good ground to that terminal the trans engages 1st gear. I'm just not sure if there is something else wrong that would prevent the PCM from providing a good ground signal to the solenoid.

- - - Updated - - -

It turns out the 1-2 solenoid was bad causing the trans to not have 1st gear. I put another solenoid in and everything works great. I was mistaken by thinking 4th gear was working, guess it was the converter lock-up making the change in rpms. Thanks for the advise.