95 k1500 5.7L won't start

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by bigbaddon, Jan 3, 2013.

1. bigbaddon

bigbaddon New Member

Hope someone can help...my 95 k1500 5.7L Auto was running one day..went down the street and it quit..could not get restarted.
    Replaced fuel pump, fuel lines, O2 sensor, water temp sensor, fuel pressure regulator, distributor, plugs, wires, and fuel filter.
    Its getting fuel..the injectors pulse when turning over..its getting spark, timing light flashes when turning over. Sounded like I crewed up installing the distributor...pulled the valve cover off and made sure I was on the compression stroke...rechecked wires. With the gas floored, I get a hickup and a sputter once in a while.
    Any ideas ??
  2. corland

corland New Member

I have the same thing going on on my 2000 k2500 5.7. I replaced camshaft position sensor, and same result. Might have to take it in...
  3. Muddigr

Muddigr New Member

Did you replace the whole distributor with a brand new one or used one?
  4. Trevs Yukhoe

Trevs Yukhoe New Member

I have the same question. Did you replace it with a new distributor because it sounds like it could be a pickup coil. If you did a new distributor, cap and rotor did you unplug the timing advance wire and set timing at zero then plug wire back in. If you have done all that I would check the IAC or the TPS. With the 95 we have the ability to inexpensively rebuild the throttle body. One more thing that will sound really stupid but I did it on an astro van before. I replaced the fuel filter and twisted a rubber portion of supply line while tightening the outlet side of filter....did the same thing, basically like kinking the garden hose.
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member 100 Posts

yeah, if you didnt install a brand new distrubitor perfectly, you need to put the computer in a special closed loop running circut and re-tune the whole engine timming accordingly... im not sure of the proceedure on a 95....

a common problem is the engine temp sensor going out, so the computer thinks it needs a ton of fuel to start, and doesnt...
    1995 is an OBD 2 computer so it would be easy to read it for a problem code. most places do it for free.

try clearing the computers memory. disconnect the battery cables, touch the cables together, then re-connect to the battery. let us know what happens.