95 k1500 PERFOMANCE

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 95gns, Mar 18, 2010.

1. 95gns

95gns New Member

Alright ive got a 95 k1500 z71 im sure yall already know this 350 tbi. i want to start gettin some performance and unleash that true potential thats hidden. i was thinkin about vortec heads and maybe a small cam along with headers. what do yall suggest? if i do vortec heads what will i have to i have to do to my intake manifold and will i need to do work to my fuel system (injectors, fuel systems, etc) also what do yall recommend for my tranny i know it wont hold up if i dothis
  2. Gambit

Gambit New Member 100 Posts

Cant answer all the questions because i never did a vortec conversion on a 350 tbi. First and cheapest to add some power is a throttle body spacer. A TBI is what they were meant for and are most effective on. As for your tranny you probably have the 700R4. It will hold up to a Vortec upgrade. A 700R4 was used in Corvettes. A Vortec Swap isnt going to be that much more on the tranny. Unless you have a god awful amount of miles on it and beat the hell out of it you will be fine.
  3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site...

I can appreciate your enthusiasm.

In order for us to best help you, we will really need to know a few things:

-- What is under the hood now? 4.8L, 5.3L, 5,7L, etc.
    -- How many miles?
    -- What is your budget ($50, $500, or $5000)?
    -- You willing to bust a knuckle or letting the pro's do the work?

There is a great deal of knowledge and talent here, so take advantage.

Research is a valuable tool.

Many of the questions you have may have already been addressed here at one time or another. Utilizing the search feature will give you a better idea of which direction you want to go in for your project.

Again, welcome, enjoy, live long and prosper...