1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

95 k1500 w/ a 350 carbureted and a 350 turbo transmission in need of front driveshaft

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by jfsjr92, Jul 9, 2011.

1. jfsjr92

jfsjr92 New Member

so, i am new to chevy trucks and i am going to get a 95 k1500 z71 w a 350 w a edlebrock 550 carburetor on it and lunati roller rockers. it also has long tube headers and a catback. anyways, the front driveshaft was taken off for the long tube headers to fit. but id rather run shortys and have 4wd. so....what driveshaft do i need. i see the ones that fit the 4L60E....(or whatever they are called) but what about the 350 turbo? any help is appreciated. thanks.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What's the transfer case? Is it even a driver's side drop case?
  3. jfsjr92

jfsjr92 New Member

um, the guy it said it is the stock transfer case.... idk what that would be
  4. 2COR517

Would likely be an NP241. If they used the stock rear driveshaft, you could use a stock front driveshaft. I don't know offhand if the TH350 is the same case length as the 4L60 or not, but I think so.

Gas mileage is going to suck without OD.
  5. jfsjr92

jfsjr92 New Member

yea it is :/ a buddy of mine does have a spare 350 and a transmission for it that i can get. not sure of what transmission it is, but if it has over drive i might get it. whats the pros of the 350 turbo?
  6. 2COR517

Simplicity