Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

95 silverado bench seat swap

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by stlmedic, Sep 19, 2009.

1. stlmedic

stlmedic New Member

I found a 95 silverado regular cab stick shift at a real good price and in great shape, only thing i don't like is it has bucket seats with a fixed center console. does anyone know how hard (or expensive) it would be to swap out this seat for a bench. also where is a good place to look for a replacement bech seat, not looking for anything fancy just an oem bench is fine by me. i'm looking more for function than fun. any info is appreciated.

2. Jibber

Jibber New Member

Where are you located? I have a 1994 GMC Suburban with a front bench seat that I'd be willing to swap for buckets + console so my wife has her own armrest. They all bolt to the floor the same way.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Shouldn't be a problem to do the seat swap. If you live close to any city that has "custom" shops that do a lot of custom business, they probably have seats that they take out to upgrade the interiors. I know there is a place here in Texas that you can do this. Good luck!

4. stlmedic

stlmedic New Member

ok cool thanks for the info, i was hoping it wouldn't take major modifications to fit a bench in. jib - i live i stl, mo area.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If your gonna swap you need a bench seat with the manual trans cut-out for the shifter. I dont believe the Suburban will have that and it would be a lot of work to mod the seat with the cut-out.

6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just found a bench seat at a local junkyard but in the center far enoughback for the shifter and he did the springs.