Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

95 Silverado wont shift out of park

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jazzybugga, Jul 20, 2011.

1. jazzybugga

jazzybugga New Member

Aloha gang.
    I just purchased a 95 silverado...Brake lights were not working so i replaced the Brake light sensor
    under the steering column...Now my truck wont shift out of park..Any suggestion would be great
    appreciated.
    Mahalo & Aloha

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

OK do you mean the shifter wont move or when you shift the shifter into a gear the truck wont move?

3. jazzybugga

jazzybugga New Member

Aloha murdog94,
    the column shifter wont move...i got it out of gear,but now i have to leave it in neutral
    to shift to drive.its been over a week now,im afraid someones going to break in to my
    truck and drive it away...while in neutral my steering column wont lock so a key isnt necessary.

4. jjotmo

jjotmo New Member

I believe it's your brake sensor. I had this problem on a 94 gmc conversion van. You can turn the key about halfway forward and move the gear selector from park to neutral then start it, then shift to drive or reverse. I did this for awhile before I ended up selling it. It drove me nuts until some one told me about this, I was stuck 3 hours from home when this first happened to me. Play around with it and atleast it's a work around until you fix it.

5. jazzybugga

jazzybugga New Member

Thanks for the info jjotmo,i going give it a try and post the outcome..
    thanks again !

6. jazzybugga

jazzybugga New Member

Thanks for the info jjotmo,works jus like you said.
    Thanks again!!!