Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

95 Yukon 350 runs awful and dies at highway operating temps

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by DelHenry, Mar 27, 2011.

1. DelHenry

DelHenry New Member

Very inconvenient problem. I have not been able to get any codes from 95 model computer other than o2 sensor which I replaced and no help. Service engine light comes on routinely. At highway temps it suffers loss of power not unlike a choke stuck or just bad out of time. After cool off period goes back to normal running, not great but normal for this truck. Truck has 235k miles, all stock, recent tune up. Problem seems to be getting worse as originally it would fail to start on highway runs after pit stop. Now loses power and dies on the freeway!!! In Atlanta!!! Yikes!!! Runs rough, smells rich and goes dead until cools off.

Thanks for any help!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

It has been suggested that I possibly have a bad Ignition control module or a bad coil. I should remove the ICM and have it tested and if it is good then replace the coil. What do y'all think!!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Coolant temp sensor. 15 bucks. It's the two wire sensor in the intake by the thermostat, not the one wire sensor in the drivers side head.

3. Ardy

Ardy New Member

I believe I'm having this problem as well.

4. DelHenry

DelHenry New Member

Thanks! I will get one today. Is that a common failure when the heat builds up? What did you think re: the ICM or the coil possiblities?