1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

95 Yukon GT blower motor replacement question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 95YGT, Mar 16, 2009.

1. 95YGT

95YGT New Member

I have a bad heater blower motor and have purchased a new one. Has anyone pulled one of
    these out and if so what are the steps? I have looked at it and can't determine if it somes
    out through the glove box opening or downward.

Thanks
    TauniGT
  2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't know if your dash is like the 94's or the 96's, but on the 96, you have to remove a rubber cover on the blower motor, remove the screws that hold the motor in place, disconnect the power and pull it out from under the dash. It is a very easy swap.
  3. KirkW

KirkW Rockstar

When I removed the dashboard on my '95 Suburban (whilst replacing the evaporator and heater core...), it was very easy to replace the blower motor. But, that was an exceptional case.

According to GM, you need to remove the glove-box, the plastic trim covering the footwell/door-hinge area, and the bolt holding the right side of the instrument panel. Removing that bolt allows you to pry back the instrument panel a bit to squeeze out the old blower motor/fan assembly. Of course, there are a few wires and even the ECM to unplug and remove. It's not a straight shot - there's a bit of flexing and prying to squeeze the new motor into place. And it comes back and down, under the instrument panel. Removing the glove-box is only needed to get access to the wires, ECM and mounting screws.

It's surprisingly difficult given how seemingly accessible the blower motor is. But hey, it's easier than my '68 Buick Skylark - I had to remove the right-front fender to replace that blower motor.