1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

95 Z71 Silverado problems please help

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by DTRJAG, Nov 7, 2009.

1. DTRJAG

DTRJAG New Member

I got a 95 Chevy silverado Z71 it has a 350 motor. I have got two problems any help is appericated. Problem #1 just put an automatic transmission in when it starts to get to higher rpms it slips when you are on the gas it does not want to shift and going up hills it will not kick down... Can someone please help me on why it would be doing this.... Problem #2 when idling at 1000 rpms if i hit the gas it shuts off if it the idle is set at 2.5 thousand rpms and you hit the gas it will stay running.. When it is idling right why does it keep shutting off? It also loads up on gas.... Please help if you can.... Thank You
  2. DTRJAG

DTRJAG New Member

someone has to know why this is happening
  3. DTRJAG

DTRJAG New Member

so no one on here can help
  4. k.daddy1

k.daddy1 New Member

The 95 year chevy tranny's were an odd bird. I had one with similar problems, what fixed it was the idler position sensor. Fixed the idle problem and the shifting problem.
  5. DTRJAG

DTRJAG New Member

i got the idle problem fixed but the tranny still is messing up
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

The first thing you need to do is to retrieve the trouble codes from the PCM. You can jump the DLC to get the codes. Take a wire or paper clip and jump the terminals and the codes will flash out.

Post the codes and we'll help you find the problem.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  7. DTRJAG

DTRJAG New Member

the check engine light is not on
  8. Jimmiee

Does the check engine light work? Even though it's off there still can be codes.
  9. DTRJAG

DTRJAG New Member

it comes on when i turn the truck on so i would take it that it works i get a code reader today and see
  10. Jimmiee

Just get a paper clip and jump the DLC. Quick and easy. :)