1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

96 1500 2wd extended cab leveling kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by bkaab, Nov 16, 2012.

1. bkaab

bkaab New Member

Ok so Ive searched all over for a front leveling kit for my 2wd extended cab. It seems like all either are 4x4 or single cab only. Is there anything different between them? The only one that didn't say it didn't fit was Daystar but there product looks just like all the others.
  2. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

Daystar is the only one I've ever found but I'm actually going to use 2" Rough Country coil springs instead of spacers.
  3. bkaab

bkaab New Member

Ok Ive done a little more research and emailed people who sell them on ebay. And this is what they told me

"The reason why our kits will not work on extended cabs is because of their coil. Extended cabs coil measure thicker in diameter so when the kit is installed it won’t allow them to seat properly."

So I searched Rockauto to see the specs on the 96 1500 5.0L v8. And according to the ACDelco springs they sell there isn't any difference in springs between for extended cab and standard cab. Only different springs they have is with AC or without AC.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_main, width: 957"]
    [TR="class: cms_table_part0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0"]
    [TD="class: cms_table_alternate0"][TABLE="class: cms_table_parts, width: 838"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_left, align: left"][TABLE="class: cms_table_layout, width: 714"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_partlayout"]SPRING SET,FRT -; EXTENDED CAB; 2 WHEEL DRIVE; w/o A/C
    SPRING SET,FRT -; REGULAR CAB; 2 WHEEL DRIVE; w/o A/C[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cms_table_moreinfotable, width: 764"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Inside Diameter[/TD]
    [TD]Wire Diameter[/TD]
    [TD]Load Height[/TD]
    [TD]Free Height[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]4.056 "[/TD]
    [TD]0.855 "[/TD]
    [TD]13.50 "[/TD]
    [TD]15.59 "[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cms_table_main, width: 957"]
    [TR="class: cms_table_part0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0"]
    [TD="class: cms_table_alternate0"][TABLE="class: cms_table_parts, width: 838"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_left, align: left"][TABLE="class: cms_table_layout, width: 733"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_partlayout"]SPRING SET,FRT -; REGULAR CAB; 2 WHEEL DRIVE; w/A/C; SEVERE DUTY
    SPRING SET,FRT -; EXTENDED CAB; 2 WHEEL DRIVE; w/A/C; SEVERE DUTY[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: cms_table_moreinfotable, width: 764"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Inside Diameter[/TD]
    [TD]Wire Diameter[/TD]
    [TD]Load Height[/TD]
    [TD]Free Height[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]4.080 "[/TD]
    [TD]0.906 "[/TD]
    [TD]12.75 "[/TD]
    [TD]15.00 "[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

So I guess I'll have to email them and see what they used to develop the spacer.

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/105624-Leveling-an-extended-cab-2x4#ixzz2CdXEXrL4
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts