1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

96 Chevy 5.7 wont start, no spark, everything new! lol

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by mdm6713, Jun 11, 2010.

1. mdm6713

mdm6713 New Member

Replaced: Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Crankshaft Position Sensor, Ignition coil and Module, Hall sensor (pick up coil under rotor), (4) o2 sensors, Fuel Filter

1996 c3500 No Spark, Wont Start chevy 5.7r 4x2 4l80 Trans 266K Miles Was running very rough but not stalling, gradually got worse and would begin to have problems accelerating and surge when you apply gas at times. I changed cap/rotor/plugs/fuel filter and it ran a lot stronger but still with a miss and surge. I changed all 4 oxygen sensors with AC Delco Parts. Started right up ran smooth, I hit the gas a couple times and it sounded worse than ever, then stalled. I started it again with difficulty and it did not run right but would barely idle, after about a min it cut out and wouldnt restart. It would crank over then sound like it was kicking back that created a nasty grinding sound...sounded like the flywheel/starter etc...I think the battery was a bit low at the time too. Due to the mileage I put a new Crankshaft Pos Sensor, Ignition Coil, and now ignition Module, and igntion hall sensor(pick up coil). No check engine light or codes. The Dist. is spinning while starting please help

Optional Information:
    Year : 1996
    Make : Chevrolet
    Make (other) : C3500 4x2 PIckup with AC
    Model : Cheyanne
    Engine : 5.7 liter 350ci

Already Tried:
    Replaced: Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Crankshaft Position Sensor, Ignition coil and Module, Hall sensor (pick up coil under rotor), (4) o2 sensors, Fuel Filter
  2. mdm6713

mdm6713 New Member

1996 c3500 No Spark, Wont Start chevy 5.7r 4x2 4l80 Trans 266K Miles Was running very rough but not stalling, gradually got worse and would begin to have problems accelerating and surge when you apply gas at times. I changed cap/rotor/plugs/fuel filter and it ran a lot stronger but still with a miss and surge. I changed all 4 oxygen sensors with AC Delco Parts. Started right up ran smooth, I hit the gas a couple times and it sounded worse than ever, then stalled. I started it again with difficulty and it did not run right but would barely idle, after about a min it cut out and wouldnt restart. It would crank over then sound like it was kicking back that created a nasty grinding sound...sounded like the flywheel/starter etc...I think the battery was a bit low at the time too. Due to the mileage I put a new Crankshaft Pos Sensor, Ignition Coil, and now ignition Module, and igntion hall sensor(pick up coil). No check engine light or codes. The Dist. is spinning while starting please help

Optional Information:

Already Tried:
  3. mdm6713

mdm6713 New Member

Optional Information:

Already Tried:
  4. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

check the cats...
  5. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't see it mentioned, so the next thing I'd probably do would be to put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what fuel delivery is doing.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

*Threads Merged*

Please do not double or triple post in different parts of the forum. Multiple postings of the same content do not ensure a helpful answer.