GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

96 GMC Truck-Heater only blows on high

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by lilchicadees, Mar 6, 2010.

1. lilchicadees

lilchicadees New Member

I am having a problem with my 96 GMC Sierra 1500 Truck. The heater would only blow on high for the last couple of months, but now doesn't work at all. What could it be? Also the window washer fluid wont spray out and hasn't for about 2 years now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member

:sign0016:to GMTC. A great place to hang out for all things GM.

First search the GMTC forums for "blower relay" That should get you the answer you need. Somewhere I posted some pics of the area behind the glove box where the relays are.

As far as the washer. Test the pump and if the pump is working check the hoses and check the nozzles. The nozzles are prone to clogging. Try soaking the nozzles in CLR to see if they will clear, otherwise replace any worn hoses and the nozzles.

==> New members please click here for tips to making your first few posts count! <==
  3. SkiBurban

SkiBurban New Member

Plugged Washers

The may be just gummed up with dried washer fluid. I used a small paper clip to slid a short distance into the sprayer head, then disconnected the hose at the pump. Next I used an air compressor to blow air backwards and the gunk out of the line. If you do this, make sure there is not a check or 1-way valve in the system, because the air compressor trick won't work.
    Good Luck,
    Paul
  4. david78

david78 New Member

I had the blower problem with my 96 Suburban. Turned out to be the blower motor resistor. Kind of hard to get to but an inexpensive part.
  5. Big_Ben

Big_Ben New Member

Had the same issue on an Acura integra... Blower Motor Resistor... it is a cheap part, and hopefully it's just that and the the blower motor itself - those are expensive