96 k1500 too much positive camber?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by mike1193, Dec 2, 2009.

1. mike1193

mike1193 New Member

hi my names mike, new to the forum. im having trouble with the front suspension on my truck. i was on a dirt road and hit a large pot hole that actually caused the drivers side lower control arm to hit the stops on the frame. the steering felt somewhat funny afterwards but nothing to drastic, but later that day when i put 33" tires on it, i have a very noticable amount of positive camber on the drivers side front tire. it pulls hard to the left when trying to drive straight now and its wearing down the outside tread of the tire pretty fast. ball joints have no play, tie rod ends look good. any ideas?

2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like you might've bent the lower control arm. Even half an inch worth of bend can easily chew up your tire and make it pull like you describe.

3. ghuev

ghuev New Member

The impact may have knocked one of the alignment bolts loose on the upper control arm. May need to get it aligned.

4. mike1193

mike1193 New Member

yea, i pulled the tire off and checked it out, turns out im missing the rubber stop that should have cushioned the blow to the lower control arm and now there is a small hole where it hit the stop. my center link, idler arm and pitman arm are also pretty much cooked. once i replace those ill see if my steering improves. if not then ill move on to the lower control arm, thanks for the replies