96 S-10 Dual alt bracket???

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by InfinitelyBaffled, May 22, 2012.

1. InfinitelyBaffled

InfinitelyBaffled New Member

What's up guys? I have been looking for a dual alt bracket for my 1996 Chevy S-10 2.2 Cyl. Anyone know where I could find one? I wish I could just make one myself, but I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground on stuff like this. Thanks!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ok What are you doing? What do you have that you need 2 Alt's?

3. InfinitelyBaffled

About 10k worth of power. (Car Audio) I also am running 18v so it would be best for me to have multiple alts (Separate 12v @ 18v systems). I would be happy with 1 18v alt, but more would definitely be nice. I can run 1 alt, but I would have to buy a XS power step-down, and I don't want to have to do that as I would think an alt bracket would cost about what those cost.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Ok do tell... WHAT are you putting in? Brands,Model, RMS power, Amp draw?

5. InfinitelyBaffled

Haha....If you must ask. 1 Sundown Audio NS-1 @ .5 Ohm on 18v. Amp draw at full tilt would be around 800 amps give or take.

6. Enkeiavalanche

You should give Tom and Gus a Call at Ohio Gen They will tell you what you need..

7. InfinitelyBaffled

Alrighty, thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

8. Enkeiavalanche

Just a side note about Ohio Gen I just found out today that Gus Passed away some time ago.. :( Tom is still there and is the guy to talk to..