1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

96 S 10 No Air Through Front Vents

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by spirittoo, Jun 30, 2013.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

Howdy:yes: ... Well sir ... when I have the ac on and turn on the fan the air will come through the vents next to the windshield, but not the vents that blow air on me.:surprised: Any idea what the problem could be?:neutral:
  2. 09mgray

09mgray New Member

Could allways be the Switch is bad i have a 99 Sonoma and all the switchs are bad the temp and air one the switches between then vent cycle
  3. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

Any idea where?

Do you know where this switch is located? Is it easy to remove and replace?
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

He's referring to the set of knobs that control the vent location, temperature, and fan speed. You pull the dash panel off to remove them.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

The S10 trucks use vacuum motors to switch the mode doors. If the doors are not operating, there could be a vacuum leak.
  6. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

Is it hard to fix?

Vacuum motors? Are they hard to remove and replace? Is that what you ask for at the part store "vacuum motor?"
  7. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

Yep, vacuum motors. A diaphragm with a cable/rod attached. The vacuum moves the diaphragm and the diaphragm moves the rod/cable. A vacuum motor. The motors seldom fail, it is usually a leak in the vacuum hose.
  8. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

So all I have to do is find and replace the hose ... what area of the truck is the hose located?:neutral: