Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

96 Silverado 5.0 wont start when cold out.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by chris731, Mar 14, 2010.

1. chris731

chris731 New Member

I have a 96 Silverado 5.0. It just cranks when the temp is in the 30's and won't start. When the temp is 50 out, it starts right up. I've checked the fuel pressure with a gauge and its 63 lbs, be it cold or warm out. It has new plugs and wires. The Check Engine light isn't on. I hooked up a scanner and it shows no codes stored. I don't get why it just cranks when its cold, yet fires right up when it 50 degrees out. Any ideas?? Could it be the spider injection is bad? The truck has 178k miles on it. Thanks for your input. I know I'm stumped. I would think that if it starts fine when its 50, it should start fine when its 30 out.