1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

96 Silverado Need Engine Mount Removal Help on the 4.3L

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by OE812, Mar 6, 2011.

1. OE812

OE812 Member

I own an 01 Silverado with the 5.3 L and am looking at getting a 96 Silverado (C1500) with the 4.3L. The engine mounts need changing according to the owner. I do not have the Haynes manual for the 96 Silverado and need assistance on the steps needed to change the mounts.

The owner stated that he thought I could lift the engine, detach the coil springs, and remove the mounts.

Anybody have the steps on changing the mounts?

Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

This may sound a little bit simplified, but I would go buy your mounts first so you can see exactly how they work & how they will go in. Once you look at them you will see it's not as difficult job as you may be thinking. Yes you will need to lift the engine, & this is better done fron the top with a cherry picker or an "A" frame. Jacking them up from the bottom is kind of marginal because the only lifting points are the oil pan or under the harmonic balancer & these are easily damaged.
  3. OE812

OE812 Member

I haven't bought the truck yet and just checking on how difficult a job it will be to change the motor mounts.