1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

96 suburban rearview mirror temperature sensor probe

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Wiseguymmiv, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Wiseguymmiv

Wiseguymmiv New Member

Hi,

I searched the forum, but came up empty. I found a 96 Suburban at the junkyard with an intact rearview temperature/compass mirror. I snagged it (model GNTX-140) and some other parts for only $22.50. I got all the wiring and the mirror plug that goes from the mirror to the fusebox, but unfortunately, the front end had already been picked clean. I found what could be the temp sensor laying in the truck among scrap parts, but I'm not sure 1) if this is a temp sensor, )2 if it is, whether it belongs to the Suburban or another vehicle, 3) how to connect it to the mirror. The 3 wires from the possible temp sensor/probe are dark green, light green, and blue. The 4 wires from the mirror are orange, light green, pink, and black. Pics of the part I'm describing are attached.
    temp sensor suburban 2 small.JPG

temp sensor wires suburban small.JPG temp sensor suburban small.JPG

Thanks,

Wiseguy