Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

96 Tahoe Drivetrain

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by bigbobus2003, Feb 26, 2006.

1. bigbobus2003

bigbobus2003 New Member

I just got my tahoe about 2 months ago and i notice when i put it in drive and go to take off it feels like the driveshaft has some play in it it jerks slightly. I had front and rear u joints replaced in it and the ball joints are good. Its bugging me does anyone know what this could be? If you want you can email me at bigbobus2003@yahoo.com thanks.

2. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

What type of engine/transmission are you running? Does it have a shift kit perhaps? Do you get this between gears when it's shifting, or just when you put it into drive?

3. bigbobus2003

bigbobus2003 New Member

It has a 5.7 vortec.....not sure on tranmission it is 4wd and it only does it when i am goin into drive in 2wd haent used 4wd yet.

4. Aeropagus

5. Aeropagus

Look like there is a common theme going on here. :)

6. bigbobus2003

bigbobus2003 New Member

mine only does it when i come to a complete stop and when i go to hit the gas you can feel it like the driveshaft turns a lil before it catches. I just dont know what steps to take to find the problem its still under warranty so i want go get it fixed soon or try to.

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How loud is it? Can you hear it over the radio?

8. bigbobus2003

bigbobus2003 New Member

no but you can feel it its not a horrible jerk just enough to where you can and passengers can tell

9. DUECEANDAHALF05

DUECEANDAHALF05 New Member

i have come across some where it is the front driveshaft slip yoke, where it joins the back of the tranny, banging against the tailshaft when the rear suspension has sagged too much, try adjusting your rear ride height