96 Tahoe grill/front clip

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Conlan Rose, Dec 24, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

After removing my grill, which I have done before, I can seem to get it to fit back on the truck. I removed it last night while I was installing my new radiator so I wouldn't damage it. Now after letting the truck sit overnight I can't seem to get the grill back on, the bottom goes clips in fine but none of the bolts want to line back up. The grill is factory. I really need this fixed or I can't legally drive the truck.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I fixed the grill. It required taking the lower grill off and then re attaching it. The problem was it was sagging so the upper bolts weren't matching with their holes. All is good, also installed my new headlights and restored my housings.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Oh good thought I would have to come up that way.. I will be close Tue.. I had a 95 and 98 Tahoes so I do know that truck well
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What is worse is I'm in VT! haha. Luckily I made it work took some imprivising and time but now she has a grill :smile: And really shinny and new looking factory headlights.
    2012-12-24_17-29-26_477.jpg