1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

96 Tahoe passenger side floor soaked...

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 962DrTahoe, Jul 27, 2010.

1. 962DrTahoe

962DrTahoe New Member

Looks like water is coming in from area between finder and frame. Any clues? I already eliminated the wiper assembly area and the firewall from AC.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Heater core? Is it rusty water or smell like coolant?
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

is it raining or is there just water on the floor board?
  4. 962DrTahoe

962DrTahoe New Member

It comes in when it rains or carwash... I took off the wipers an put a hose down into the wiper assembly and the water goes out the drains just like it's supposed to. It's between the fender and the frame. How in the hell do I get in there without taking apart the front clip? I put the hose on the firewall but no water. It seems to be coming through the far right inside (Maybe the ac or blower)

Help
  5. 962DrTahoe

962DrTahoe New Member

It comes in when it rains or carwash... I took off the wipers an put a hose down into the wiper assembly and the water goes out the drains just like it's supposed to. It's between the fender and the frame. How in the hell do I get in there without taking apart the front clip? I put the hose on the firewall but no water. It seems to be coming through the far right inside (Maybe the ac or blower)
  6. 962DrTahoe

962DrTahoe New Member

My favorite mechanic just told me that there is a crack on both sides of the cabin, and that it will have to welded at a body shop. WTF... I trust him more than any other place. Well, I guess I'll just tear out the carpet, rearrange the wires, drill a couple of holes, and spray some bed liner on the floorboards because welding at the body shop on a 14 year old Tahoe sounds expensive, and I just don't have that kinda cash to put into it now.

Thanks for your help.
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Did he show you this crack?? because i would simply put a sealant over it if you can get to it from the inside etc.. that way you can keep out the elements.
  8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

I had leaks on both side in the front in my 1998 Suburban( a louisiana vehicle all its life)
    My weatherstripping is fine.
    I fixed the passenger's side by replacing the hinge pins.The door was sagging.
    My driver's side is still leaking and despite it not sagging as obviously as the passengers side it does sag.

My driver's leak has been for 3 years, but the paint is so good on the inside that there isn't any rust yet..Of course we don't have that freakin' road salt folks in the midwest and NE have.Does Virginia have rust problems??
    Charlie

I did have to lift carpet and carpet pads-they will stink if they remain wet.
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

If you can not see the cracks with the carpet up, or when driving - the waterproof, expandable, spray-in foam is an option. You can get it at most home centers. Just get it up there and have at it. Will help make it quieter too. Try to get it really clean before you do something like this though.
  10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It seems like it is further forward than my problem I had. I used to flood the drivers side and what happened was with the door shut the water would run down the frame but went over the gromet where the wires for the door went through into the truck. It would then flood that space on the body side and all over the floor. I just had to put sealant in and around that grommet and problem solved.