96 tahoe to silverado body conversion?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by BLACKzj52, Dec 17, 2009.

1. BLACKzj52

BLACKzj52 New Member

Iv got this 96 hoe thats in great shape. But iv already got a jeep grand cherokee. Wouldnt mind turning this hoe into a silverado. I figure since the body designs are so similar, chevy wouldnt stray far with the frame designs. Am I right to think this?

If so, what can be done here? its a 2 door, 2wd hoe. What silverado bodies will work on this frame? and what all will this project entail? i figure itll be a wiriing nightmare seeing as though the hoe will have many more wires running into the body vs a truck cab.

any input you guys have would be awesome. ill post over in the silverado subforum as well to see what theyv got to say

John

2. mehoff400

mehoff400 Rockstar 100 Posts

i vote look for someone that would want to trade..... i believe your frame would be to short to turn it into a standard cab short box....i would think you could sell or trade easily for a silverado.. i love 2 door tahoes have always wanted one..or i vote keep it and slam it as far as you can to the ground they look pretty mean lowered

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A Chevy Tahoe that is a 2 Door & 2wd.....Those are Rare!!...I would do a 2/4 drop with some 08' Chevy Tahoe Alloy Rims.!!!

4. BLACKzj52

BLACKzj52 New Member

i was afraid somebody might say that. since you like 2 doors, wanna trade for your truck? :D

oh, and i notice you have an xj.. click my username and search for my intro thread. think you might like what you see.. team unibody

5. BLACKzj52

BLACKzj52 New Member

i really dont care for it honestly. the 2door isnt horrible. its grown on me, but i dont like the 2wd. plus id like to have a truck bed