1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

96 tahoe transmission swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by ws6tony, Jan 27, 2013.

1. ws6tony

ws6tony New Member

Ok, so my transmission on the 96 tahoe is shot, it will not shift into 3rd and 4th. I have another 350, with 80k on it, a 4l80e transmission with less than 2k on a rebuild, and the transfer case from a 94 k2500, all still bolted together. In addition to the transmission problem, I now have a head gasket issue, and so I'm thinking of using it all in the tahoe. Doing a little research, I've learned that I will have to re-pin the connector for the pcm, and I'm getting conflicting reports about possibly needing to have the pcm flashed. Should I keep my transfer case, or would it be worth swapping that out? Though it would mean converting from push-button, to manual. And of course modifying my driveshaft. Any thoughts?