1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

97 burban power door lock issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by nyaristo, Jan 19, 2010.

1. nyaristo

nyaristo Member

I have a 97 suburban.... so this just happened to me this morning when i went to try to lock my doors when i got in the car and my door locks switch wont work . both driver and passenger side switch and the rear doesnt open... Is there a fuse that i blew out?? but i checked out the fuses in the front under the hood and could not find a blown fuse...... is the a fuse panel inside the truck? if so does anyone know where its located
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Its on the driverside in the dash. OPEN DOOR AND LOOK AT DASHBOARD. Little ( kind of ) driangle shaped .

By the sound of it , its a fuse. Good Luck
  3. nyaristo

nyaristo Member

is that the one right next to the E-brake?
  4. naterater2000

naterater2000 New Member

power lock issue

Once you find the fuse panel, check fuse 13, its for the cigarette litter, but that is where the door switches get there power from.

Should be a spare 20 amp fuse under the hood.

Good luck.
  5. nmtrout

nmtrout New Member

Have a similar problem with 98 Suburban. I can lock the doors with the lock button on the keys though. Thoughts?
  6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Both door switches not working or just one? Likely a bad switch or connector on same. Easy enough to pull the door panel and test the switches.
  7. Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing Member

Check ALL fuses!! If its only one switch, make sure the switch has a good connection or check out the switch, otherwise if it's all it's probably a fuse!
  8. nmtrout

nmtrout New Member

Both door switches and the rear switch. I will check all the fuses as well as the switches themselves. Thanks for the help.