1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

97 gmc fuel system problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by smokeydabear, May 3, 2009.

1. smokeydabear

smokeydabear New Member

Ok I have a 97 gmc 1500 with the 5.7.......The truck will not start unless you dump a little gas down the throttle body. Once the truck starts it is fine and will continue to start. If you let it sit awhile it wont start again. Would this be the spider being bad? I purchased the truck this way and it also had the intake gasket leaking. I am about to put it back together but want to solve this problem too.
  2. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow New Member

could be the pump it self or your fuel system is bleeding down while its setting i would suggest that you check and see how much pressure its putting out if its less then 58 psi at the schrader valve then your pumps dying 62 psi would be ideal if your system is bleeding down then check all your lines for small leaks and fix them as needed