1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

97 K1500 engine light reset

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by dsquared, Nov 11, 2009.

1. dsquared

dsquared New Member

My burb with 266K miles has the check engine light comming on with code 0753. This is apparently the second gear solenoid in the tranny. Dealer replaced the solenoid but code wouldn't clear he says due to feedback circuitry going to the ECM (PCM). It shifts fine but I don't (can't) want to spend the money to replace the ECM but need to get the truck inspected. What can I do to temperarily turn off the check engine light while I get it inspected and is there a way to repair these ECM (bad solder joints maybe) or find a cheap replacement ?

One other question, are the O2 sensors the same in all positions on the exhaust system ? I believe I may have a slow O2 sensor and would like to just switch the position to see if there is a change. These are the original senors on the truck.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

hopefully Jimmie can answer your tranny question but for your O2 sensor you can swap them around to see if the code follows the sensor or not