1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

97' Suburban Headlights Need Help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Big Time, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Big Time

Big Time New Member

My headlights are original. Which means, I could see the road better with two lit matches. When people come up in back of me at night, all I see in the road ahead of me is a shadow of my own truck!!! I have been looking on ebay for a new set, but don't know what is the best to get. All their prices look reasonable, but they are asking too much for shipping. In some cases, the shipping is half of the original cost. I like the ccfl halo's. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I also don't know about the laws regarding some of these lights. I was told anything besides white are illegal in some states. Does anybody know the laws?? I live in Florida.

Great web site!!!

Catch em up!!
    Fishing Friday
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I googled for aftermarket headlights for your application and I saw some pretty nice projector headlights.
  3. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

you can get different bulbs which are brighter than stock. i use "Flitz" and it removes the yellowing the sun does to the covers. i had the blue head lights and to me they suck and went with silvayna white bulbs....mike

if you go too much brighter on the bulbs you want to search the headlight relay link on this sight or you will fry the stock dash switch, plus this will give full battery power to the lights and it will help be brighter..
  4. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I looked on Ebay for headlights for your truck. I saw some nice prices but they are definitely not a place that I would look for "GOOD" parts. My nephew got taillights for his Honda on Ebay. So much for direct fit. The things were so distorted we sent them back and when the next set came in they were the same. Finally he went to a reputable performance website for tuner cars and got some taillights that fit like a glove.

Make sure you find reviews on any product you plan to buy.

As for Ebay they are a good place to get used stuff, it is usually from someone who no longer needs it or is desperate for money and then you can get it cheap. I will never buy something new for my truck of ebay unless I am 110% convinced it is quality and I know the product.

Check www.stylintrucks.com
  5. Zig

Zig New Member

Check out http://VVME.com they have HID replacement kits. There is a good thread on this under the accessories tab.
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i would clean them up with the flitz or I have used maguires plastic polish compound on my wifes breeze and worked wonders and then get some HIDS