1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

97 Tahoe Fuel Regulator

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by playnhooky, Nov 7, 2007.

1. playnhooky

playnhooky New Member

97 Tahoe Fuel Regulator

Is there somewhere I can get a diagram of the assembly where the fuel pressure regulator is?
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

No experience with the location, but here is a picture of it that might help you. Would check along the frame rail first then underhood.
    [​IMG]
  3. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I don't have a diagram, and I forgot to check my Haynes manual last night. Can I assume this is a 5.7 L V8? If so, the FPR is attached to the fuel injector "spider" assembly inside the upper intake manifold.
  4. playnhooky

playnhooky New Member

Yes it is the 350 gas motor......so are you saying I need to take teh whole TB and intake off to get to this part?????

Chevy Truck Parts
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, what a sucky place for a fpr.
  6. Toymyster

Toymyster New Member

I believe your FPR is at the end of the fuel rail, where the fuel return line attaches to the fuel rail. Often times, you can get to it without taking your manifold apart, other times, you'll need to remove at least the upper plenum of the intake manifold!! I forgot exactly how your setup looks!!
    Hope this helps!!