1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. cole

cole New Member

hey do all rear ends on tahoes mess up
  2. cole

cole New Member

This is cole's friend(yall will be hearing alot from me)...... What he is saying is that he has heard people say that the rear ends on a 97 2-door Tahoe have been messing up.

I saw this on some website and it was the driveline vibs at 65-70 MPH.
  3. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What sort of "messing up" has he been hearing about? It does seem that the GM 10 bolt rear has more than it's share of problems, and the optional G80 (especially in the 10 bolt) has various issues. The answer to cole's question maybe depends on what specific issue he has heard about.
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

No, not all of them!
  5. cole

cole New Member

All I've heard is that people have had issues with the rear end. (differential, Hub bearings, etc.) I dont know. I know ALOT about vehicles and I've never heard about this.

I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

I never hear of major issues with 10 bolt rear ends, unless you're running 35s and pounding the snot out of it. I'm thinking your comment about vibrations, tied with the short wheelbase of the 2 door leads me to believe the issues is driveshaft/u joints.