1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

97 Yukon Radiator Flush

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by vali, May 30, 2010.

1. vali

vali New Member

I am trying to save some money and wondering if anyone has any knowledge and instructions on how to do this. I've watched videos on utube but nobody has done a 1997 Yukon. Any help and instruction is welcomed.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They all work the same way. Get a Prestone flush kit, and go for it. As a word of warning, I have on good authority that the flush will likely take the seal out of your water pump.
  3. vali

vali New Member

The out of the water pump? That $90 flush sounds pretty good now.
  4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have always flushed mine every year or so and havent had any issues.:neutral:

Depending on the system it might be a good time to replace the hoses and thermostat also if the system has been neglected it could be full of sludge and scale.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think the combination of a chemical flush on a neglected cooling system combined with a high mileage pump is probably when it's a problem.
  6. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

CLR in a 4:1 ratio following the same instructions on the prestone bottle works the same and cost $5 Just make sure U flush it out or it can eat more then calcium