97 Yukon Radiator Flush

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by vali, May 30, 2010.

1. vali

vali New Member

I am trying to save some money and wondering if anyone has any knowledge and instructions on how to do this. I've watched videos on utube but nobody has done a 1997 Yukon. Any help and instruction is welcomed.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They all work the same way. Get a Prestone flush kit, and go for it. As a word of warning, I have on good authority that the flush will likely take the seal out of your water pump.

3. vali

vali New Member

The out of the water pump? That $90 flush sounds pretty good now.

4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have always flushed mine every year or so and havent had any issues.:neutral:

Depending on the system it might be a good time to replace the hoses and thermostat also if the system has been neglected it could be full of sludge and scale.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think the combination of a chemical flush on a neglected cooling system combined with a high mileage pump is probably when it's a problem.

6. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

CLR in a 4:1 ratio following the same instructions on the prestone bottle works the same and cost $5 Just make sure U flush it out or it can eat more then calcium