1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

98 burb HVAC fan stays on, even with key out and no dash controls response

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by sostahoe, May 28, 2010.

1. sostahoe

sostahoe New Member

Problem below was resolved by unplug of the dash controller and the whole system is now functioning correctly again.
    Thanks to all that helped.

The blower motor is blowing full even when vehicle is off and key is out. I am not able to get any of the HVAC dash controls to respond with any changes. The AC indicator light is always on and it is always blowing ambient air temps. This has the "Computer climate control" panel that I thought was only on later models (02 and up), but I cannot figure how to reset it. I have pulled the plug to the blower controller so the battery will not go dead. The overhead rear controls are working just fine
    Any suggestions???
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Any recent modifications made to the vehicle? New remote start, alarm system, audio/video? Anything that would have required someone to dig around in the dash for any reason?
  3. sostahoe

sostahoe New Member

No new mods or changes. Only extra notes would be that there has been a long term problem with dash lighting for the odometer that intermittently goes out. The HVAC problem started while vehicle was sitting in the driveway and day of moving was taking place. It was working with multiple start/stops durring the start of the day and and then upon one return with more boxes, it was found with the fan on high without the keys in the ignition. Not able to get a change in behavior since.
  4. aldogz2112

aldogz2112 New Member

i have the same problem with my 2001 suburban. please help!!!
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

***Bump!***
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  6. aldogz2112

aldogz2112 New Member

so it turns out that you can remove the controls from the dash board and unplug the climate control box for 60 seconds then plug it back in and it will reset the system. no parts needed. took less than 1/2 hour.
  7. btnhbnkgus

btnhbnkgus New Member

I have a similar problem on my 2006 Silverado 1500 5.3. My AC suddenly stopped working so i checked out the blower moter and it was getting current. It suddenly started working right after i reconnected the wire harness. So i figured the harness just came loose for some reason. But now, the AC has stopped working again and i NOTICED THAT WHEN IT DID WORK, IT WOULD STAY ON EVEN AFTER I TURNED THE TRUCK OFF AND REMOVED THE KEY. I have a digital climate control unit. ANY HELP AND SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS!!!
  8. aldogz2112

aldogz2112 New Member

a/c

we pulled the climate control center out of the dash unplugged it for 60 seconds then plugged it back in and everything was fine.