1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

98" express 6.5TD coolant lose

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by krotov71, Mar 25, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. krotov71

krotov71 New Member

Hi
    Found recently that my van losing coolant. checked oil-clean, oil cup-no trace of coolant, leaks all round-dry and any single drop of coolant on the ground. When I start the van i got no white smoke or coolant odor! I heard there maybe a crack comewhere or headgasket failed but live with hope not to get that...)

Hove can I check the engine properly????

By the way, the pressure in expansion tank checked also when cold and hot, all seems to be good!

Thank you for any help

Andrey
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would go to a local autoparts store and rent a coolant pressure tester. Hook it up and pump around 15 psi of pressure into the system. Generally, even small leaks will be shown when you do this. If you don't see the leak, listen for it. You will hear hissing as air escapes the system. Hopefully it is something easy like a bad hose clamp or even a water pump gasket. Please let us know what you find
  3. krotov71

krotov71 New Member

Thank you for replay. Thats what I intend to do next but I live in London and very hard to find a propa tools for American vehicles. Will let you know. Cheers
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I find that very interesting. Here when you rent the tool from the store the kit has all the adapters needed for domestic and foreign cars.
  5. krotov71

krotov71 New Member

I know! I have friend in Colorado so I have a little clue how it wors up there. ))
  6. tsbrewers

tsbrewers New Member

7. krotov71

krotov71 New Member

thank you for the link. At the moment I looking for someone who can do pressure and sniffer test together. If dont finf will buy then, it is only 38bucks. Cheers