1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

98 GMC pickup 6 cylinder, cant locate fuel pressure regulator, please help!

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by pandemonium, Jan 17, 2012.

  1. pandemonium

    pandemonium New Member

    Long story short, I bought a new one and cant see where the old one is to replace it with lol
    Ive googled everywhere and spent three hours looking on the truck for it with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

    Vortec engine by the way.
  2. Boonduff

    Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

    Your truck has a two piece intake manifold. You will need to pull off the plastic upper half, and you'll find it attached to the fuel injection manifold.
  3. pandemonium

    pandemonium New Member

    Oh man! lol Im pretty good with working on cars but never did anything with the manifold or anything and really am not sure what it is lol I think its where the intake is mounted on? like wgat would be the carb in an old truck? So do I have to remove all that to get at it? Is it hard? Anyone have a pic? lol sorry about all the questions.
  4. Boonduff

    Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

    Get youself a Chiltons or Haynes manual. They have a general overview.

Share This Page