1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

98 GMC Sierra torque converter

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by baboracus, Dec 21, 2011.

1. baboracus

baboracus New Member

Hello, first post ever!!
    anyways... does anybody know where I could find a torque converter for a 98 GMC sierra 5.7 liter 4x4?? I can't even find a place to order it from the GM dealer! G&M, Hughes, TCI, Boss Hog don't appear to have one available...

2. Scott_Anderson

Scott_Anderson Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Have you tried your local salvage yard? or their on-line network.

3. baboracus

baboracus New Member

TO answer my own question here. Dacco has a TC available that runs about $270 (in MN). Apparently Precision makes one too, I'm not sure of the part # but my truck has a Precision TC, their around $300... my transmission builder recommended Precision because he's never had a problem with them as they are build more carefully than the assembly-like production of Dacco. He also stated Dacco had about 1/15 failures for him.. take that for what it's worth.