GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

98 Jimmy 4.3L with a 2004 Blazer trans, Helppp

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by XtrigX, Nov 16, 2012.

1. XtrigX

XtrigX New Member

Soo I was donated a 2004 blazer trans out of a v8, pulled out my totally dead 4l60e, and dropped this blazer trans in, soon realized the donor trans was bigger(longer) Could not swap bell housings soo i ended up taking my flexplate off and welding the correct size spacers on, soo when I finally got everything back together after putting the trans fluid in I let it sit for about an hour, As i was backing out from under the lift I got about 15 feet and heard this clunking noise and the truck stalled. soo im thinking damn just broke the bolts on the flexplate too the torque converter, soo I start it back up and in every gear the truck would not move... their were no faults, soo i push this thing back on the lift and check all the bolts on the flexplate they were all intact and not broken. I rechecked the tranny fluid and everything checked out, Im wondering if ill have any hope with this, I normally never use the computer soo this is my first time posting on a forum, sorry for my ignorance but if there is anyone out there that can help me I need help!