Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

98 k1500 starting problem

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by crazyforgms, Sep 29, 2013.

1. crazyforgms

crazyforgms Member

About 3 months ago i replace my fuel pump .now if the truck sets more than 3 hours i have to prime the pump with the key 3 times before the truck will start. i dont want to have to take the pump out again. any ideals will help thanks crazyforgms
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Whats fuel system pressure at the injectors when this happens?
    The fuel pump builds pressure, the regulatior holds system pressure when the vehicle isnt running.
    I'd look furyher upline in the fuel system for the answer.
  3. crazyforgms

crazyforgms Member

thank i was thing the same thing i needed a another thought on it the truck has over 215.000 miles on it.were is the fuel regulator located? thanks for the help crazyforgms
  4. crazyforgms

crazyforgms Member

thanks for the help today I work on old blue & replaced the fuel regulator while working on my truck i found out why my truck was showing check engine light code po446 evap purge valve it was un plug .so fare the truck starts on the first crank of the key & no check engine light . i couldn't fix it with out help from this form Thank you Crazyforgms
  5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Glad someone on here was able to help ya bud! Keep it running strong!
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Glad the fix was simple