1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

98 Silverado No Brake Lights or Rear Blinkers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by lordoflolo, Aug 26, 2010.

1. lordoflolo

lordoflolo New Member

Hopefully someone here can help me. Like I said, no brake lights or rear blinkers. Fronts work but blink quick. Hazards work only up front but blink normal. All fuses and bulbs are fine. Very confused.
    Dennis

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Also, I replaced both circuit boards 6 months ago.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Have you checked the brake light switch on the brake pedal??
  3. lordoflolo

lordoflolo New Member

Would that affect the rear blinkers?
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

yep. no power to them can. I would also check the wiring junction back by your spare tire.
  5. lordoflolo

lordoflolo New Member

Thanks, somewhere to start.
  6. MightyMax

MightyMax New Member

I am assuming you have done this.
    But checked all fuses?

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Reason being...
    On my Corolla I lost the ability to shift out of Park and into any gear....the gear shifter was totally locked out.

Turned out to be the rear brake light fuse had blown......changed him out and it worked 1 time.
    Blew again....so I started looking.
    One of the bulbs in the rear light assembly had melted the contact points, thus creating a short in the circuit and so it kept blowing the fuse.

Replaced the rear tail light assembly and the thing has worked fine since.
  7. 38racn

38racn New Member

Might sound silly but the rapid blink indicates burnt bulbs in back. Also, a common problem with your series is burnt/cracked sockets. These are designed as a circuit board and can be found at most any parts store. Fairly inexpensive. Check which bulbs are needed for new circuit as they're probably not the same as original.