1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

98 Sonoma distributor question

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Travisr528, Jul 8, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Travisr528

Travisr528 New Member

I feel like an idiot but I do not know if I have a distributor cap and rotor or not. I have a 2.2 4 cyl engine and I have what appears to be a distributor cap mounted on the passenger side at the bottom of the engine but I can not find a distributor cap part for at autozone or such retailers, so if it's not a distributor cap then what do I have? Please help

2. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

Your truck is equipped with distributorless ignition. It has 2 coils with 2 wires each. They are mounted under the Intake manifold on the side of the block. No distributor cap or rotor.
    Good Luck and God Bless

3. Travisr528

Travisr528 New Member

Thank you for the reply Revredneck. I figured it out, but I appreciate the reply.