1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

98 Suburban- LIM gaskets

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by zuper8, Nov 28, 2009.

1. zuper8

zuper8 New Member

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this just yet.....

I check on it every time I visit my parents, and the coolant has been low lately. Usually like an inch or two low. The radiator and hoses are new. It's hard to say whether it's external or not, cause it's parked on gravel and you can't really see puddles so well. But I always figured it's the gaskets. It has 175K.

Now there's a random multiple misfire code that just came up..... I did a plugs, wires, cap/rotor in July, so maybe I screwed something up there. But I'm kind of figuring it's more likely the gaskets officially crapping. Does that seem like sound logic to everyone?

And feel free to link me to write-ups and such.... I have done these on a few 3.8s but I know it is a lot more involved/ different for the 350s.