1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

98 Tahoe Barn Door Contacts

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by generatorlabs, Dec 2, 2009.

1. generatorlabs

generatorlabs New Member

My barn door contacts are shot. Does anyone know the part number OR true name of these spring loaded contacts mounted on the right pillar. I have tried googling variations of "barn door contacts" and I am not getting any decent hits for sources to buy a replacement.

I am also looking for the assembly that prevents the door from over swinging. It also locks the door in an open position. It looks like a metal strap.

Are these parts junk-yard finds only?

Any help truly appreciated.
  2. osduck5

osduck5 New Member

I think they are called cargo door contacts but I cannot find a part number.
  3. RWK

RWK New Member

Door Jam Switch?
  4. brianj

brianj New Member

these are dealer only chevy parts. I have never seen one wear out-
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Go to the dealer they WILL know what you are talking about. I had to replace all of mine and the parts guy new exactly what I was talking about, they were cheap too.
  6. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

Take a scotch-pad or steel wool to them... That should clean them up to almost new... I've never heard of then wearing-out. But I have heard of them getting dirty enough to stop working...
  7. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

True you can clean them but they are spring loaded and if that compresses too much then they dont make contact with the doors and you dont have locking or rear defrost