98 Tahoe Barn Door Contacts

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by generatorlabs, Dec 2, 2009.

  1. generatorlabs

    generatorlabs New Member

    My barn door contacts are shot. Does anyone know the part number OR true name of these spring loaded contacts mounted on the right pillar. I have tried googling variations of "barn door contacts" and I am not getting any decent hits for sources to buy a replacement.

    I am also looking for the assembly that prevents the door from over swinging. It also locks the door in an open position. It looks like a metal strap.

    Are these parts junk-yard finds only?

    Any help truly appreciated.
  2. osduck5

    osduck5 New Member

    I think they are called cargo door contacts but I cannot find a part number.
  3. RWK

    RWK Rockstar

    Door Jam Switch?
  4. brianj

    brianj Rockstar

    these are dealer only chevy parts. I have never seen one wear out-
  5. vncj96

    vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    Go to the dealer they WILL know what you are talking about. I had to replace all of mine and the parts guy new exactly what I was talking about, they were cheap too.
  6. TritonBoulder47

    TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

    Take a scotch-pad or steel wool to them... That should clean them up to almost new... I've never heard of then wearing-out. But I have heard of them getting dirty enough to stop working...
  7. vncj96

    vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    True you can clean them but they are spring loaded and if that compresses too much then they dont make contact with the doors and you dont have locking or rear defrost

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos