98 Tahoe Fuel Pump Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by petey, Sep 26, 2005.

1. petey

petey New Member

On the road this weekend and Tahoe shut down. Checked fuses and fuel pump relay, but no response from the pump. Found a pump at Carquest and spent half a day putting it in. Replaced fuel pump relay.

Problem: Fuel pump does not come on when the ignition is turned on. With a jumper wire pump turns on and engine starts. Any help or suggestions?

Petey!

2. bill

bill New Member

fuel pump

I have a 96 yukon. I've had trouble with my fuel before. I took it to the dealer and it was the fuel relay, it needed electrical grease on it and a bad ground near the gas tank. I'm currently having problems with the fuel system now. If you ever have to put a fuel pump in, do yourself a favor and put in an AC DELCO pump, spend the extra 60 buck it's worth it. I hope this helps.

3. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

delco rules

Yeah I agree!! Its definately worth the money to by a factory pump. I made the mistake and bought one from Autozone and had to redo the pump again in a month. Then the second one I put in under warranty didn't read the fuel level right. So my third time was a charm when I went to the dealer and got the Delco!!!