Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

!989 chevy truck hard to start cold and tbi overloading?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by jboy, Jan 1, 2012.

1. jboy

jboy New Member

I got a 1989 1500 with 350 when it is cold it is hard to start. I have ran my battery before then when i get it cranked and it floods alot and when it gets going it sounds good but it will start to idle high and cuts off sometimes it cranks right back up and sometimes the tbi overloads and want run at all my friend will advance the timing to get it to run then it runs good for a day or so now its flooding out again I am about aggravated with it I changed fuel pump, I rebuilt the fuel regulator and replaced the module under the distributor cap. Any help would be appreciated I am about to get reedy to sell it for a dodge lol.

2. gnfshn283

gnfshn283 New Member

Sounds like IAC (Idle Air Control) valve on the throttle body , Or the fuel pressure regulator in the front part of the throttle body (rebuild-able and easy to do)
    Good Luck

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Good call Gn..