1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99-02 door panels

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by reggiecab2000, Jun 20, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

wondering if anyone knows what im talking about...
    ive been inside countless number of 99-02 silverados, (pulling cars into the bays at discount tire)
    and there is either this door panel

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/i...XoXX_x94xTufimNBu-zVPfVcP2VfPd9odsWa3F8Zb--FU

or this one

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/i...DtTeXe9YrzW1aREevdOJm_4XVuodo-tEjfT7BkBVLQw1c

i would like to know if these 2 panels are interchangeable with each other?
    everyone looks exactly alike minus the speaker grille setup.
    i have the first one with manual everything (locks, windows)
    however it doesnt look like the manual window level would fit in with the... ill cleverly name it "power" door panel
    anyone know of any interchangeability between these panels? cant find much on the net...
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

they might. I dont think that they changed the door any with the 02-03 model change. it might swap in might not. try a junk/salvage yard and see if they will let you play with it without buying it...

Alex
  3. I have only messed with the power door panel from my truck so I am trying to remember where the screws are to attach them but I am not sure if they are interchangeable. My logic tells me that GM would not have different mounting points for either the power and manual door panels. I imagine that they would have the same mounting points but of course different panel designs.

Of course my logic could be wrong :neutral:
  4. deppaz

deppaz New Member

I have just purchased a used 2002 Z71 and the door armrests are broken and there are broken clips on the LH. I have been feverishly searching for where to buy replacement door panels in the neutral color, and I cannot find them except for badly worn ones on ebay.

I am a brand new member and I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

You should try to make this into a thread so it will grab more attention. Only place I would know of would be LMCtruck.com BUT I don't think they sell the door panels for those year models.