Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99-02 fogs

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by reggiecab2000, Mar 6, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

hey guys,
    ive had a pair of hella ff75 fog lights sitting on my shelf for about 6 months now, and well, the intentions are for them to be auxilliary backup lamps... however a while back i finally ordered some oem fogs for my truck, popped them in, and was horribly dissatisfied with the light output, so i upped them to hid, and that made it considerably better, but i wouldnt call this an anywhere near perfect beam pattern, aside from the bulb being in contact with that metal shield inside the light also. besides the horrible vibration of these lamps on the road, i have still settled for the light output of the hid's, but recently it seems both of my cheapie ballasts are going out, since they are constantly flickering, (grounds are good), so im just not really using them right now. So obviously i spend more time driving forward than back, and ive heard the FF75's are a great fit to the 99-02 front end if you mount them up the right way, so im thinking of just scrapping my oems and putting the hellas there, (possibly just throwing the oems on the rear) and i would do whatever i need with new hids as applicable. does anyone know of any mounting ideas for the FF75's on these trucks, or better yet any universal mounting option that has been designed for these awkward openings in our valance? your insight would very much help me save time. but if all else fails ill just have to get under there one day and try to think something up myself.
    thanks as always!
  2. TnT817

TnT817 Member

You could possibly just make your own brackets. Wouldn't be all that difficult with some simple tools.
  3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look at the front of my truck. Same situation. I hated the fog lights I had like yours and after trying many different lights and options I went with the 2005 Tahoe Z71 valance and stock round fog lights and put in the HIDs and wah lah perfect and great light output. I went with the V-Leds HID kits they are very inexpensive and work great. But just so you know the HIDs you have now will work in the round Z71 fog lights they are the same but they do not have the metal bulb cover. Hope this helps. Good luck. :glasses:
  4. reggiecab2000

thanks for that bit of info donyms!
    that is definitely the route i would rather take seeing all sorts of threads about the same topic. only thing is i can find the valance for a decent price in many places, but the only drawback is that the shipping costs just as much as the part because our valances are so big, compared to a normal box in the mail at least, no of any option other than online that is more cost friendly? a.k.a. junkyard? nothin on craigslist anything
    for example, my site of choice...
    rockauto.com
    its $100.00 for the valance
    but $72.00 for shipping :(
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey man, just a suggestion but I got mine through the Chevy dealer. They pay the shipping and it will fit perfect unlike aftermarket parts. When you go to the dealer, tell them what you want and tell them you need the good price. I got mine at the wholesale price but I don't remember how mach it was. I also bought the fog lights through Chevy, they are good quality and again they fit perfect. I tried saving money through aftermarket distributors for years and I was almost always disappointed with the fit and quality. I find it to be well worth it to go through the dealer when you can. Good luck.
  6. reggiecab2000

this is true about the quality standpoint most of the time, but usually the only thing that dismays most people is the price the stealership always wants. i will try that however and see what kind of price i can be quoted, if i can get a good price i might take that route though, thanks!
  7. reggiecab2000

so dealer wants $261.00 for the valance, i dont think an extra hundred dollars is worth it :/ i can get it for $168.00 shipped from rockauto.com which i have used before and theyve been good so far