1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 5.3L check engine light

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ss_silverado_phoneix99325, Oct 2, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. I have 93,000 on my silverado. THe check engine light just came on with no symptoms at all; runs the same as if it were off. What cheap diagnostic tools can you use to read these codes on these types of trucks. THe engine light just drives me nuts, I like my things to run perfect. Or if anyone else knows what it is; I heard it could be my O2 sensor in the exhaust systom goes out around this many miles. let me know appreciate much
  2. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Run it up to Autozone or a similar parts store and have them read the codes for you. They normally do it for free.
  3. Not in Northern Minnesota, O' Rielys, Auto Value, Napa, all are money hungry or don't have any scanners/readers. Thanks though:
  4. Toymyster

Toymyster New Member 100 Posts

before you start throwing parts at the problem, I would invest in a simple code reader if I were you!! They're easy to operate and they pay for themselves in no time!! In the meantime, make sure your gas cap is on tight!! And a bad O2 sensor would not surprise me at all!!