1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 beginings

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by garumn, Jun 10, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. garumn

garumn New Member

Hey guys just picked up my 99 Sub 4x4 a few months back. Going tomorrow to tint the front 2 windows. I ordered a set of 265/75's Dunlop rover m/t's for it that will be in next week. Running K&N filter with the air box lid off and dual exhaust. Nothing to major for the family hauler. looking to install cb , what kind of antenna brackets are you guys using or were have you installed them. I’m mostly using it for the PA system so I was thinking of using the antenna that mount to the glass like a cell antenna. Any other suggestions
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:to GMTC. A great place to hang out for all things GM.

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I have done anything with a CB in years, but if I did, I'm like you I'd want it more for the PA. I didn't know they had glass mount antennas for CB radios. That would be easy to install and stealthy too.
    ==> New members please click here for tips to making your first few posts count! <==
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

99 beginnings

Welcome to the club!
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome abaord lets see some pics of that rig.
  5. garumn

garumn New Member

put 2 pics in the photo gallery. havent figured out the pics in the threads yet.
  6. murdog94

That is a nice looking truck... I would actually put the airbox cover back on since it gets colder air than with the box lid off, since it is pulling most of the air from the hot engine.. I would look into an updated set of rims from a newer Z71 rig.. They look awsome on the older trucks, and the nice thing is they are 16s so you can still use the new tires..
  7. garumn

garumn New Member

agreed on the wheels ive been looking on craigslist for some takeoffs but havent found what i want. I like the polished alum 5 star oems I had on my 2000 silverado.
  8. murdog94

Ahh got ya.. Ive got the 17in Chrome rims.. You are looking for the Aluminum rims right??? You might be able to hit up the junk yard as well..
  9. garumn

garumn New Member

yeah the aluminum ones. junk yard not a bad idea. I know they are the same bolt pattern but are they the same back spacing?
  10. murdog94

Very close.. As you can see if you looked in my albums i have a set of 07 Steel Rims.. And my buddy has a set of the aluminum ones that you are looking for on his 1996 and they fit basically the same in the fender...