Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 Burb A/C compressor R&R

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by desertmule, Sep 27, 2009.

1. desertmule

desertmule New Member

Hey guys,

First post here..

I believe my AC compressor has gone out.. A week ago I tried giving the sytem a charge without any positive results.. Today I noticed the compressor clutch wouldn't engage.. I could jumper the switch at the accumulator (PS firewall/canister thing) and it would kick in.. Still no cold air..

I bought a gauge set.. Low pressure side was high and high pressure side was low.. Adding R134a didn't help anything.. Still no cold air.Does this sound like a bad compressor?

If so, are there any special tricks or procedures besides bolting in a new one and recharging? Should I replace any other parts while the system is open?

Thanks,
    William :sign0144:

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You will need a vacuum pump to evacuate air/moisture from the system. Receiver/dryer and the orifice tube are "must" replace items. Depending on your experience level you may want to leave this to the pros.