Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 Chevy silverado Brake Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by wdelong, Jan 19, 2013.

1. wdelong

wdelong New Member

I have a 99 Chevy silverado and when I drive on slippery payment without applying the brakes or if I apply the brakes. the Trucks starts to move to the right. If I let go of the steering wheel the truck would move right. The brakes don't seem to have locked up. I did change the calipers, brake hoses and pads. Still same issue.

2. a.graham52

a.graham52 Rockstar 100 Posts

we need to iron things out here first:

waht does it do on NONE slippery pavment? (make sure the suface is flat because a slope could cause a pull)
    "WITH or WITHOUT apply the brake"? ~ more detail as to whats going on here would be a great help
    how fast are you doing?
    do you hear the abs pump buzz when it does this?

3. wdelong

wdelong New Member

Speed does not matter how fast I go.

NONE slippery pavment is normal but once the tire on the right of the truck engages the truck would want to move to the right. When the truck sits for a little it goes back to normal. I even have new used tires in the front.

When I don't apply the brakes it detects a slip and does the same.